Friday, March 25, 2011

I have returned

I am back, dear Readers. I must admit reluctantly. As many of you may know, at the end of last summer, my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Navigating the medical labyrinth and dealing with the adjustment to a new normal, well, it stunned me silent. It's not so much that I had nothing to say, it was just too painful to say it, and much too complicated to explain. Sometimes its just simpler to shut up. Silence was more comforting. But now we are on the down side of the hill, hurtling towards a future we never considered,and I am hanging on by my stubby fingernails, so its time to attempt to communicate with the outside world again.

It seems appropriate to post a poem, written by my son

The Roller Coaster of Life

Life is like a roller coaster
When you enter the line you are thinking of what is happening
Eye on the coaster
Mind racing

You get on the roller coaster

                     You're nervous
                          and scared

Fasten your seatbelt
and
                                  wait

The car JOLTS from the start
There's no getting off
You're along for the ride

You can see straight
But you never know what's coming

Or what is around the next turn

            and then
you get off just as fast as you got on

You think nothing more of it.
On to the next roller coaster
 
I am kind of hoping the next ride is a slower, easier one with nice water features.

No comments: